인스턴트팟

Instant Pot Mini (3qt) Cornish Hen and Brown Rice

페이지 정보

작성자 Nosie Bee 작성일20-06-07 00:00 조회4회 댓글0건

본문

I’ve had my Instant Pot Mini (3qt) since last Black Friday and have mostly been using it to make rice and other side dishes, but I finally decided that the Mini deserved more attention. Turns out it does a great job of making smaller, complete meals for one or two, depending on your appetite.

Here’s a quick, simple, and delicious recipe for a Cornish hen with brown rice. I chose brown rice since it cooks in the same amount of time as the hen without turning to mush like a white rice would have done. I only used salt and poultry seasoning in this video, but feel free to change the seasoning to anything you have in your pantry.

Instant Pot Duo Mini (3 Quart): https://amzn.to/2SxJo5d

Today’s Ingredients:
1 Cornish hen (20oz or so)
extra virgin olive oil (about ¼ cup, divided for seasoning and browning)
salt
poultry seasoning
3 garlic cloves, whole
2 bay leaves
1 lemon, quartered (half for cooking, half for serving)

1 cup chicken stock
1 cup brown rice, rinsed

3 scallions, chopped

Instructions:
1. Generously season the hen with olive oil, salt, and poultry seasoning. Make sure to massage the seasoning in and around the bird and even under the skin.
2. Heat the IP Mini on saute and when the display reads “HOT,” add the olive oil. Brown the hen on each side for about 6-8 minutes on each side, until the skin is nicely browned and easily releases from the pot. Remove the hen to a bowl.
3. Add the chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure to scrape up all of the stuck-on browned bits from the bottom.
4. Add the rinsed brown rice and a squeeze of lemon to the pot. Stir to combine and make an even layer.
5. Place a trivet into the pot and set the browned hen on the trivet. Insert garlic, bay leaves, and lemon wedges into the cavity of the hen.
6. Lock the lid and cook on manual/high for 15 minutes followed by a 10-minutes natural pressure release. Then manually release any remaining pressure and reopen the lid.
7. Remove the hen to a cutting board or plate.
8. Stir the chopped scallions into the rice.
9. Serve the hen with the rice and another squeeze of lemon.

***This video and description contain affiliate links. If you click on a product link, I will receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to make more videos. Thank you for the support!***

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 6,046건 1 페이지
게시물 검색
Copyright © www.zakkamall.kr. All rights reserved.  연락처 : help@ggemtv.com